New data were added to SFARI Gene in December 2016.
Some of the highlights of this data release include:
- Three genes (CUL3, DSCAM, MYT1L) were added to Category 1 of the Gene Scoring Module. Seven genes (GIGYF2, MBOAT7, MECP2, NCKAP1, RIMS1, TRIP12, WDFY3) were added to Category 2. This brings the total number of autism-risk genes with strong evidence to 62 (i.e., Categories 1 and 2 ranked genes).
- Five genes (CUX1, DOCK8, GPC4, KCNJ10, WWOX) were added to Category 3, bringing the total number of genes with suggestive evidence for a role in autism to 139.
- 11 novel copy number variant (CNV) loci were added to the CNV Module, bringing the total number of CNV loci to 2172.
- The mouse model dataset has been updated with 48 new models.
- The rat model dataset has been updated with 43 new models.